Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cold Day Equals Spicy Soup!

Well maybe not that Spicy!


So I was down a few days with a bug which rarely happens.  All I could think of was some great spicy chicken soup with a southwestern flair.

Several years ago I made the perfect soup.  Of course, I did not realize how perfect till about four days into it when it kept getting better and better.

It had various beans, roasted chicken, I used several jars of my home canned tomatoes and juice and more like a cumin ( now that I think about it) flavoring.  I remember it was in a Southern Living Magazine and I recall having flipped over the mag so it would stay.  There must how been 20 ingredients.

But none of that matters now, since I can't find the recipe ANYWHERE.

Hence, any recipe I find is just not quite right and this one-well I should have started out easy-it called for 3 Tablespoons of chili powder.  Turned my white chicken meat so dark.

So have you ever had a recipe that you lost? 
Meanwhile I will suffer with my bowl of hot hot soup-maybe some homemade bread would be good.  I will spare you the recipe unless I can find the orginal one!

No comments:

Post a Comment